Saturday, October 15, 2011

Maidless in USJ!

Like it or not, we’ve been spoilt!

When Su, our maid informs me that her father was ill and that she wanted to go back to Indonesia soon, I panic, as I could not imagine life without a maid!

Within 2 weeks, she left, not knowing if she’ll come back. She did promise to return in 2 months time, if we would wait for her, but with her father’s condition, I was not too hopeful. At that point I was hunting for a new maid high and low – but all the maid agencies informs me that it would take 2 to 3months for a new maid to come, if I’m lucky.

The first few days was quite hectic, topsy turvy adjusting to the new way of life – the kids schedule, Zaher & my busy work schedule.  We are blessed with both our mothers living nearby and they, together with my sister helped us out especially with the kids scheduling.

Soon, we came a routine. Zaher & I taking turns getting the kids ready for school. Both grandmas taking turns being home when they got home from school. Either simple meals, cooked at home or eating out.

In all these hardship, we found the strength in each other. Zaher, with his bad back would stand by the sink every night with the dishes. Dina (14)  took over the ironing, Kamil (12) the laundry & even Jasmine (5) helped out (her favourite is doing  the dishes! Everyone helped out whenever they could (more like when asked to!) And I reallised, although it is an inconvenience, it is  not a hardship at all, when you have supportive and coorperative family to lighten the burden.     

True to her words, Su came back after slightly more than 2 months. He father is getting better. So now, we’re back to being spoilt silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment