Saturday, May 14, 2011

16th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday, we celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary. Kamil was away at school camp, and both Dinah & Jasmine were not in the mood of going out and would rather stay home with my sister who dotes on them and spoil them silly.

So we made plans to go out for dinner, just the two of us, without the kids. I took the day off, but had a lot of errands to do in the morning, but still managed to get a facial appointment in the afternoon, as if to "prepare myself' for the "date".

The plan was for Zaher to come back from work and pick me up for dinner. While Dinah was doing my hair, Jasmine came running up to the room, shouting excitedly "Mama, quick, your boyfriend is waiting for you!". So I quickly got ready and go downstairs, and saw Zaher waiting by the door. Dinah was quick to grab a camera, and managed to capture my handsome prince, picking me up for the ball, with roses in his hands. It is surreal on how the role seems to be reversed, Zaher & I acting like teenagers going out to the prom, with Dinah & Jasmine being the proud parents getting us ready and sending us off!



I had a great time last night. It has been a wonderful 16 years ~ sure, there's been ups and downs; nobody said marriage is easy, but we plod along, trying to make sense of this life, together.

To sum up my feelings, I put together this video - I hope it puts a smile on your face too.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwww def brought a smile to my face! congrats again...:)
    beautifully written blog by the way :)
    Gaya

    ReplyDelete